Herman & Associates - Santa Clarita Valley / Valencia
Herman & Associates 27201 Tourney Road, Suite 201-C Valencia, CA 91355 661.286.1200
Herman & Associates 1137 Huntington Drive, Building A South Pasadena, CA 91030 323.344.0123
Herman & Associates was founded in 1988 and provides counseling and psychodiagnostic assessments for children, adolescents, and adults. Our experienced team of licensed professionals assist individuals, couples, and families in southern California with developmental, educational, attentional, emotional, and transition challenges throughout the life span.
Comprehensive psychodiagnostic testing for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Psychological Testing
- Assessments for:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD / ADD).
- Learning Disabilities in reading (dyslexia), math, writing, processing speed, fine-motor coordination, etc.
- Intellectually Gifted
- Twice Exceptional (2E).
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD), such as Asperger's Syndrome (AS) and High Functioning Autism (HFA).
- Substance Abuse Disorders.
- Affect Regulation, Anger Management, and Other Emotional Issues (e.g., depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, OCD, generalized anxiety disorder).
Our psychoeducational assessments meet or exceed the testing criteria for most professional review boards (e.g., the College board, SAT, ACT, GRE, LSAT, California State Bar Exam, MCAT, among others).
Therapy and Counseling
Our licensed, experienced therapists provide individual, couple, family, and group psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, and adults. Our counseling is guided by a line of research that identified a number of characteristics correlated with adult success. These are termed the "Success Attributes" and the published papers are available for download on our research web page.
We believe in the team concept and frequently consult with other professionals (e.g., psychiatrists, working with our clients). For more information, please see our Research and Theoretical Orientation pages. Our services include:
- Individual counseling and psychotherapy
- Family counseling
- Parent education (The "Parent Challenge" program).
- ADHD/life coaching skill program to improve self-discipline, organization, and time management.
Team Approach: We strongly believe in a team approach and we invite clients to include significant others (parent, partner, therapist, psychiatrist, etc.) when appropriate. During assessments, we invite referring professionals to join our team for our internal case conferences. We consult regularly with other professionals that include:
- Speech and Language therapists.
- Educational therapists.
- Occupational therapists.
- Physical therapists.
- School districts staff (we are available to attend 504 Plan meetings, IEP meetings, and we partner with the school districts and parents to complete "Independent Educational Evaluations - IEE").
- Educational Advocates.
Visit our home page (executive-functioning.com) for more information.
Herman & Associates has developed an expertise in working with clients who are struggling with Executive Functioning (EF), which are commonly seen in individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), or the Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Herman & Associates has over 25 years of experience in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of individuals who have problems with organization, time management, and self-discipline.
Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Visit our ASD home page (www.autisticspectrums.com) for more information.
Herman & Associates has developed an expertise in working with clients who have Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). We have over 25 years of experience in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of individuals who have an Autistic Spectrum Disorders. Herman & Associates provides the following services:
Visit our home page (www.studyskillclasses.com) for more information.
- Improve affect regulation and coping skills.
- Increase the ability to initiate an appropriate task while inhibiting off-task behaviors.
- Improve organization, time management, and self-discipline abilities.
- Improve social/relationship skills.
- Job coaching, interviewing and monitoring of employment.
- Independent living skills (e.g., grooming, cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping).
- Appropriate recreational activities (there is more to life besides gaming!)
- Self-monitoring skills.
- Life-balance skills (regulating basic biology - eating, sleeping, exercise).